Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhh.....summertime!

Last night was our third meeting of our newly formed Sacramento Craft Mafia. We seem to just get better and better! Crazy how close to thirty members who were all strangers (for the most part) a couple months ago can now call each other friends. I love our group and am having such a great time getting to know everyone better. Our meetings now have a "show and tell"at the end-and it is so great to see what everyone makes, discuss what works and doesnt, learn new things. It's alot of fun! We also had our group photo taken last night-we all wore our pink and black finest-I am anxious to see how they turned out. Coffee Garden I think is now the official SCM hang out-they are so good to us! And, stay tuned, kids because we have some awesome great collaborations with coffee garden coming up that I think will be amazing!
On another note...I am excited that summer is on it's way...it's a balmy 80 something degrees right now, and aside from the horrendous allergies I have-it is a beautiful day. It is also my third wedding anniversary that I am celebrating with the coolest guy around. Last night as I was coming home from my SCM meeting I got a text message from him that was a picture he sent of our engraved toasting glasses with our name and wedding date on them. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! So adorable. This morning I woke up and Rob was gone-getting me a latte, some beautiful red roses and a card. He said more will come this weekend. What a doll. The only real plans I have for him so far are a wicked taco salad for dinner! whoop de doo, huh!?
I am thinking though we will celebrate proper this weekend.
And in the summer vein...I made this flyer for myspace yesterday.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ah, yes summer in Sac = sinus infections. Lovely!

Claire said...

http://www.whatlilyloves.com/

prepare to drool. I did anyway!