Sunday, May 6, 2007

the big hit at handmade parade.

I wish dearly that I had more photos of the fun and hijinx (mostly due to the crazy wind!) of the handmade parade...but anyone who was in earshot of me probably heard me complaining that I do not at the moment have a really compentant camera. Oy. It sucks. But my pal Melody from Sacramento's hand made luck, saved the day and came and snapped some pics of some of my recent creations. The night before handmade parade I was busily decopauging a few necklaces (my absolute favorite craft obsession at the moment!) When I came up with these great lil pins. They are made in the same fashion as my necklaces-but I think the effect is quite different. The size and shape of the wood I use to make the pins really makes the images look different. I had someone at HP ask if they were stained glass! A real compliment, I thought! They turned out to be my biggest hit at HP and so I thought I would share pictures of my new "babies".





This one is a vintage reproduction fabric that I just love, being a giant tiki/hawaiiana head. I love the colors and the graphics!

And this lil choo choo came from vintage children's fabric. I have a real thing for trains, as when my oldest nephew was a toddler, he was utterly obsessed. Therefore I cannot see or think of trains without thinking of my sweet lil "bubba"! So I guess this train is no exception! These two are both currently available in my etsy store at www.ignitiongirls.etsy.com

Anyways, it's funny how something sort of as a last minute afterthought turned out to be such a hit.

In the meantime, I have a brand new camera I ordered from ebay on it's way to me, so hopefuly I won't be pictured impaired anymore! So stay tuned!



2 comments:

Claire said...

Aaack! That train is the cutest!! How did I miss that on Saturday??

Claire said...

Love the new black! It's more "you". Get yourself a hot banner, girlfriend!